Resources For families with dogs and babies!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Life catches up!

The blog is a good indicator of how hectic and busy my life is. At 5 months pregnant with 3 kids, 4 dogs, 6 cats and 2 hampsters....life is busy. So, that brings me to one of the things I love about Dogs & Storks ....practical advice. As I go through my own preparation with our dogs I am reminded of what works and does not work in the real world. I think this is a good reminder in general and want to encourage all expecting families who may be working with a dog professional to keep in mind that it is important that YOU communicate when advice is "not do-able" for you. It is our job to adjust a plan to fit your needs. I see many families who have gone through training and share their guilt about not following through or being able to do something recommended. My thoughts on this are....if ever advice or tips are given that will not work for you and you do not achieve the results you are looking for them PLEASE speak up. I am not sure why this has come to mind today but I just wanted to express this as often I know people see whomever they have hired as an authority and sometimes do not speak up. In our field and when it comes to behavior we RELY on feedback and results. Communication and feedback between the family, the dog and the professional must flow easily for the best results. Don't be afraid to ASK for more! Just my thoughts for the day. Our hope our program answers your questions and if not....Ask for more!

No comments: