Resources For families with dogs and babies!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Is there always a "Happily ever after?"


I wanted to share this special blog post that addresses a side of dog behavior consulting many people don't discuss.  I can very much relate to Helen's experience and myself have supported families as they make their heartbreaking choice.  There are times that families are stepping stones in a dog's life and sometimes they are not a "forever" home.  I have myself experienced this personally and with clients.  It is an agonizing decision but sometimes it is the right decision due to changes in the environment or for other reasons.  I appreciate Helen sharing this story and hope others will as well. Sometimes happily ever after looks different then we expected.  Being open to all possibilities and solutions is key. Is there always a happily ever after?