Resources For families with dogs and babies!

Friday, June 19, 2009

Prepare BEFORE third trimester

I am now 35 weeks along in our pregnancy and with 3 kids, 4 dogs and 5 cats I can say it has been a learning experience. I have revisited our Dogs & Storks program and am pleased to say that much will stay the same! Our program promotes planning and preparing ahead of time and I can not emphasize the importance of this. Really, this makes for an easier third trimester and a more relaxed Mom. Leaving things to the third trimester invites stress as there are many unknoowns that can happen along with the appointments, showers and exhaustion oh, and NESTING! For those that already have children there is an emotional component too as you near the arrival of your new baby. Thoughts I have had have ranged from panic to sadness and then back to joy. This is indeed a changing time and one that you need to be able to enjoy with your family as you know it now. So, if you are newly expecting and you have a dog/s then I encourage you to purchase our DVD and contact a presenter in your area to begin preparing well before your third trimester!

No comments: