Resources For families with dogs and babies!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Back to blogging

Wow! Time flies when you are taking care of a baby and 3 other children! I am eager to get back to posting and sharing tips and stories about life with a newborn, 4 dogs, 5 cats and 3 older kids. Boy, have we learned and refreshed ALOT!
First off I am amazed at how adaptable dogs and cats are to such changes. It is amazing how well they follow our lead. That is one of the biggest lessons I have revisited. Our companion animals look to us for guidance, comfort and security to know that all is well. Living with a very anxious German Shepherd I have had to remind myself over and over again (along with the others in our home) of how important it is for us to calmly direct our dogs while including our baby Kelsyann. Calm and steady direction is not easy when you are tired and overwhelmed...did I say overwhelmed!?! Yes, even having done this 3 times before...I have to say that there is nothing more exciting, exhausting and all consuming as bringing home a newborn. Dogs & Storks helps to ease this transition and build safe bonds. Stay tuned for more posts as I share what worked and helped us welcome our newest addition.

No comments: